Egg toast is a popular and most common breakfast/evening snack and in India it is a pretty popular street food too.
Most of us make it very often in our households and have a favorite recipe that worked out well for our family. Well, I am today sharing a very simple basic recipe that my toddler loves.Firstly, she loves eggs ( in any form) and that is the only breakfast she eats. Also, she loves vegetables. So I add a ton of veggies to her omelette, scrambled egg or just give a boiled egg and avocado with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
This super quick version of egg toast helped me to make her eat some bread and she seems to enjoy it too 🙂
2 slices of bread
Veggies of your choice – I used onions, peppers, cilantro, spinach
( Add chillies for older kids who can take spice or adults)
Salt and pepper as per taste
2 tsp of water
Finely chop onions, peppers, cilantro and spinach. Beat 2 eggs and add salt, pepper, water, and chopped veggies and mix everything well.
- Take a pan/tawa and add generous amount of butter and spread it well to avoid sticking.
- Dip one side of the bread slice in the egg mixture and fry it on the pan/tawa until cooked. When you dip since it takes only the egg mixture you can top it with some veggies.
- Cook until the egg is completely done and fry the other side until crisp.
- You can add some grated cheese before flipping.
- Serve the egg toast hot. ( dipping sauce is optional)
This makes a great breakfast or after school snack. Or something new to cook during quarantine/lockdown time.
Hope you enjoy it.
Stay home. Stay safe!